Rescue Beauty Louge: Dead Calm

Deep blue Dead Calm!

I’ve been looking forward to sharing this polish with you all since the first coat graced my nails. This is Rescue Beauty Lounge Dead Calm. I knew when I saw this color on their website that it was going to be gorgeous and I was not disappointed. Let’s go in for a close-up, shall we?

Entranced...

Oh, yes. I went back and forth on whether I thought this was a deep sapphire or a navy and honestly, I think it’s both. To me, it’s a shiny, glimmering sapphire about 75% of the time, and the other 25% of the time, when it’s in the shadows, it’s a dimmer navy color. I couldn’t get enough of it and when I was bored to death at work yesterday it really kept me going.

Looking darker, more navy

I truly did love this color at first coat. It went on so smoothly and completely opaque so that I honestly debated whether or not I should even do 2 coats. I can never just leave it at one though, so this is 2. There were no imperfections in my mani whatsoever, I was so pleased. The wear was fine, Liz and I have mentioned before that we don’t think the wear justifies the price, but I do love RBL’s quality of polish and range of colors. This and No More War and real winners for me and favorites on my list. I hear they’ve got some new polishes out for spring and I may just need to splurge if the colors are as good as those!

Where to Buy: RescueBeauty.com / $18

 

Is it spring yet?

-Lauren

Advertisements

3 Comments

Filed under Rescue Beauty Lounge

3 responses to “Rescue Beauty Louge: Dead Calm

  1. That’s one crazy shiny polish! So beautiful…
    No spring here in another two months…good thing I’m ok with winter and no daylight :O
    From what I’ve seen the new spring colors from RBL are amazing!

  2. You are so right. Dead Calm is truly gorgeous! It is especially nice as a pedi.

  3. Thanks for the comments, ladies! I can’t wait to try Dead Calm as a pedi and check out new spring RBLs!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s